Where This Meets That
Looking for a new twist for your green beans? Try this one night.
1) Mix the Splenda, salt, cayenne and black peppers into the water and set aside.
2) Cook the bacon to a light crisp in a pot on med-high heat.
3) Add onions and cook until soft.
4) Add green beans and sauté, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes.
5) Add water mixture, bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until beans reach desired tenderness. The longer they simmer, the more flavor the beans will absorb, so here is when you’ll want to taste and tweak as necessary (i.e., a little more salt or pepper?).
We’ve enjoyed these several times in recent weeks, so I hope you enjoy, as well!