Where This Meets That
Today, my family is blessed to celebrate my bride’s birthday. Christy is one of the kindest, warmest hearted people I’ve ever met. The fact that God made her to be my companion is every bit as humbling for me as it probably is humiliating for her!
I kid, but very truly, when I think about my life today, everything good comes from her. She is my best friend, my perfect partner, and I love her with everything I’m made of.
I’ve been going through all our old photos lately for a project I’m working on for Christy’s grandmother, and I wanted to share a few pictures of us over the years. What can I say, a trip down memory lane is quite a trip, indeed!
+ + +
1) We officially met on Halloween in 1996. She was Catwoman, and I was Sonny Crockett (though everyone mistook me for a Blues Brother). This was the most dignified picture taken of us together from Halloween the following year. Good times.
2) Months later, we were full-tilt in love. We had no idea then that we’d be married within the year, but . . . well, we were!
3) It took me seven years and three colleges, but I finally found the right school to both graduate me and introduce me to my bride!
4) We celebrated our 5th Anniversary on a Caribbean cruise. Two weeks before, the boiler for the ship we were supposed to sail on exploded, killing seven people. Seriously. So we revised our itinerary and had the time of our lives, celebrating our special day on the perfect beach from all those famous Corona commercials. This here was from a raft ride through Jamaica.
5) Check out the bunny I got in my Easter basket!
Tonight, we’ve got a hot date . . . dinner, then a movie, then dessert. Can’t wait.
Happy Birthday, My Love!