Where This Meets That
January’s officially in the rearview, and it was a great month.
I was delighted to step on the scales this morning and find 4.8 lbs missing! That brings my total to nearly 17. What a welcome, rolling start to February!
Another $50 in pledged donations this week brings us to over $2,200! Here’s the updated tracker:
Notes from the Week
– My family spent Friday evening at some friends’ home where we met with Father Brian and Brother Alfred from M.O.P. and helped them stuff pamphlets to advertise their upcoming concerts in the Atlanta area (details to follow).
– Your prayers are working. I am feeling ever more confident in my eating habits and am having an easier time making wise food choices. Of course, ease is the first step toward complacency, however, so please continue your prayers; it only gets harder from here.
– My Friday daylight fasts (no food before sundown) are building me up. Not only are they an effective tool for me to strengthen my physical discipline, but the hunger pangs I feel a few times during the fast are an effective call to prayer, thus building up my spiritual discipline, as well.
– I began adding walking to my routine this week. Not as much as I need to, due to available time, but it’s a start.
– I am so proud of the way my kids are rallying behind this. My 10-year old daughter Maddie is actively laying the groundwork for her own philanthropic venture with a genuinely great idea. We also enjoyed the experience of working as a family among other families with the M.O.P. on Friday night.
– A quick shout-out for my wife Christy, who has shed 8 lbs so far in 2012, as well!
– Stay tuned over the coming weeks for exciting news about upcoming events!
If you are interested in joining the cause with a per-pound donation, or if you just have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.