Where This Meets That
Today we dabble in genetic flirtations across the world of celebrities and look at famous people who look like other famous people.
We’ll start with beauty before age, to play to my female readers.
1. I’ve seen several pictures of amateur naked bongo player Matthew McConaughey where he could’ve been Paul Newman’s younger clone.
2. We all know how “animated” Tim Tebow can be when his adrenaline is pumping on the gridiron, but anyone who has played PS3’s Uncharted game series should recognize that action hero Nathan Drake is a “virtual” Tim Tebow.
3. Heath Ledger’s performances in Brokeback Mountain and The Dark Knight are as diverse as any actor has ever pulled off. Both demonstrate what a tremendous talent we’ll miss on screen going forward. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is showing himself to be a great talent, as well, with strong roles in successful films like Inception and 500 Days of Summer. When I first watched 500 Days of Summer, I was amazed at the striking resemblance of Gord0n-Levitt to Ledger. Eerie sometimes.
4. The first time I ever saw the band the Goo-Goo Dolls on TV, I didn’t see their frontman John Rzeznik. Instead, I saw Sandra Bullock. Same mouth, nose, jawline . . . and that chin! When I see Rzeznik today, I still see only some “dolled-up” blonde Sandra Bullock. That’s why I was so surprised to see Bullock accepting the Oscar for Rzeznik’s performance in the movie The Blind Side. Is there no honor anymore?
5. And now we conclude with age. Not only does Ron Paul exude a Gandalfian understanding of human nature, he also bears a strong resemblance to the actor who portrays Gandalf in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now, if Paul could only wield an ivory staff half as convincingly, then perhaps we would finally turn him loose on those goblins who so greedily pursue the One Ring!
Ever noticed any other celebrities with strong resemblances, either favorable or not?